Celebrate the Small Things: Finding Beauty Everywhere I Go #FridayFeeling
Fridays are all about celebrating the Small Things thanks to a weekly blog hop created by author Lexa Cain. Joint co-hosts this week are authors L.G. Keltner @ Writing Off The Edge Tonja Drecker @ Kidbits Blog The mission coincides with what I’m hoping to do with my own writing, inspire and focus on the light when those slippery shadows creep around our shoes. Want to sign up? Click Lexa Cain’s link to find out more.
Have you ever stopped in a moment and let go of your mind just to study the colors and lines of everything around you? Have you ever watched the wind catch a flower and pondered the beauty in the ruffle of the breeze against the soft petal or leaf? When was the last time you walked barefoot just to feel the earth underneath your skin? Watered the plants and let the cool silk rush over your fingers, or listened to someone laugh and let that sound carry you too?
This week, I am thinking about beauty in all things and in some of the strangest moments. Sometimes when life feels overwhelming the best way I know to get my ground back under my feet is to let go, breathe and take in all that is good in a moment.
So what do I have to celebrate this week? Here are my updates:
- I found beauty in the language of a new book I’m reading. Caraval, by Stephanie Garber. WOW!
- Wednesday evening, I sat outside on my patio chair with my feet perched on the table, reading, then watching the world flutter by. I spotted a funny little humming bird, zipping around my hanging basket flowers. Can you see him? Her?
- Snuggling my kids and letting them read a book to me. Not thinking. Just listening. Currently my daughter’s favorite read is Hop on Pop, by Dr. Seuss.
- In the writing world, I enjoyed reading over my outline and finished it. Now all I have left is the review each scene and decide which ones are external, which are internal and ponder if I’ve varied them up enough to hold attention.
- I am purchasing a couple of cute inspiration swag items from my amazing support group, The Insecure Writer’s Support Group. If your a writer like me, we all need friends who love the things we love. And what’s better then waking up each morning with a sweet cup of believe?
Doris Day is my motivational quote for the week. I wish you a lovely Friday and if you have the chance, stop and breathe. Take in the world. See beauty in the littlest thing and remember, there is good to be found somewhere. 🙂