Day 10: A Day In The Life Of…
1. 4:30ish a.m. The alarm goes off. I wake up with a jolt and shut it off quick so my little early birds don’t hear it, and get up right along with me. Cyrus, our Boxer, nuzzles my hand ready to be fed, pronto!
2. Hopefully, I’ll have some time to feel inspired. I’ll sneak in an hour or so of writing in, and sip on a great cup of coffee.
6:00 a.m. Time to get ready for work and I hope and pray the kids stay asleep until at least 6:30 a.m. Usually my son wakes up around 6:15. Some days it’s earlier than that.
3. 6:30 a.m. Wake up the kids, get them their cups of milk and coax them into their outfits for the day. They pile in our bed and watch a few cute cartoons.
5. 7:30 a.m. I usually pull up to work, rush in the door and I am greeted first thing by two furry friends! George, my giraffe, was a gift to me my senior year in college. I’ve taken him with me to every job I’ve ever had where he sits on the computer.
6. Gus the gecko is a new addition as of last year. He hangs out on the top of my cube. Right above a couple of drawings. The one right below him is Werewolf Jesus. My son drew him last summer. I definitely will have the write a post on that one in a few weeks.
8:00 a.m. I’ve eaten my weird breakfast of Greek yogurt, whey protein powder and flax meal because I’m on a health kick right now. I’ve also probably downed a second cup of coffee while planning my to-do-list for the day. I’ve sorted through my emails and I’m on to planning some fun event. I start to juggle my basket of tasks from planning, to proofing, designing, photography, editing, just to name a few.
11:30 a.m. I’m starving for lunch, so I head home and devour something healthy. I think today I had a can of Campbell’s soup. It was sort of delicious.
12:30 p.m. I head back to the office. I work some more and the afternoon rushes by as I check off my list.
4:00 p.m. Some days I rush to the YMCA to try to squeeze in a good hour of a workout. 20 minutes of cardio. 10 minutes of lifting weights. 20 minutes of cardio to finish out the workout. I try to finish up with yoga, but on the days I’m running behind, I don’t quite make it to the stretch part. Today, I didn’t make it to the gym at all.
8. 6:45 p.m. A game of some sort. A new routine I’ve started right after dinner. Less TV, more games and drawing with colored pencil. Tonight? Hi ho cherry o!
7:00 p.m. is definitely bath time with about 30 minutes of snuggle time right afterwards. Many nights they wind down with Sprout TV.
8:00 p.m. Bedtime! Sometimes they just don’t want to go, but we’re stringent and they know it. Dad sometimes carts them off to their bedrooms with a pony express ride like he did tonight. Quick stops drop them off in their bedrooms where we say our prayers, and something we’re grateful for in our day. Today? My son said Mommy. My daughter said her best friend’s name and her teacher. They made her happy and that makes me happy.
8:30 p.m. I either blog or I write for a bit and start to fizzle about an hour later.
10:11 p.m. The End. Closing up a bit later than I hoped. Oh well.